Monday, October 22, 2007

Can't Sleep

Today in Relief Society, someone made a great comment about President Eyring's talk in conference asking us to remember God's hand in all things. She mentioned how their daughter has started keeping a happiness journal for each of her two kids. I know 'happy moments' are slightly different from what President Eyring was talking about, but I'm going work my way up to what he had in mind. I started a happiness journal for myself, and a lot of my happy moments are about my kids, but I sat in bed tonight thinking how great it would be for each of my kids to have a book of happy thoughts about them when they grow up. So, until I get a book, I figure a blog will do (especially for 12:55 a.m.).

Jake - Lately when he gets hurt he will tell me, "No, go see doctor!" instead of letting me kiss his boo-boo better. Well, tonight he pretended to be a doctor and kiss his own boo-boo better. He's so independent!

Julie - Her smile is definitely a happy moment in someone's life every day. What made me smile the most about her today is when she started babbling, "Da da da da." She's done it maybe one other time so far, but it sure is cute to hear!

0 comments: