Thursday, January 31, 2008

Our Big News!




Hopefully this will help explain my forgetfulness (you called it LaDawn!), laziness, and lack of social interaction in general (including lacking blog posts) over the last few months! We owe a BIG thanks to Grandma Terri for all the help she's given us lately while I've been down and out. To answer a few questions:

  • I'm due August 9th.
  • This came as a complete surprise to us, we did not plan it at all.
  • In fact, I thought I was 6-8 weeks but it turns out I'm actually 12 weeks along already.
  • As of now, we're not planning to find out the sex, but we said that at the start of my pregnancy with Julie and did a 180 by the time we had our ultrasound.
  • I'm announcing this online because I'm terrible at figuring out a way to bring it up in a normal conversation without it being totally awkward (sorry Anna and Ashley, I tried today at sign class but it just didn't work!).
We can't wait for our new little one to arrive, although I have to admit I'm a little anxious to be a Mother of 3 kids under 4 years of age. We'd love to hear predictions on the sex (I'm sure Jeremy will be taking an official poll once we get a little closer to our due date!), name ideas, and any advice (especially from you seasoned mothers of 3+) for this new adventure we've started!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Congratulations! That very exciting for you guys! Three was Lauren for me...and I couldn't imagine life without her. That's the good news. Three was hard for me in that I ran out of hands to hold on to them with. But they are 10, 8, and 7 now and they still dressed (most days), hair combed (most days), and teeth brushed. I'm sure you guys will do great!

Michael said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That's really exciting. It was great seeing you last summer at Rich and Lindsay's wedding--I had fun chasing Jake around. He's sure got a lot of energy! Keep in touch.

Ali Howell said...

Congratulations!!! You will do wonderful. I didn't think three was that big of a change...and i'm sure Julie and Jake will love the baby. Fortunately when the baby arrives they don't do much for the first few months so you have all that time to adjust to having a third! Plus having your mom around will be a huge blessing! Lucky you being further along than expected! That will make it go by so much faster!!! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Familia Forsloff said...

That is awesome news for you guys! That will be a great addition for Jake and Julie to play with. And our babies will only be a few months apart!!! Congrats!

Carina & Dan said...

congratulations!

LaDawn said...

We have a lot in common when it comes to 3. My 3rd was a suprize and close to my other children. I did the 3 under 4 for a while so I guess if I can do it then you can do it too. CONGRADULATIONS! We are very excited for you

emilypr said...

Wow, you guys! Exciting news. Kristine, you're going to be a fantastic mother of 3. I admire your will power to not find out the sex. I hope you aren't feeling too sick.

jamieschip said...

WOW! Congrats. You will hear two different stories if you ask Jake and I how it having three kids. Jake thinks it's a lot harder, but I feel like it's been pretty easy. It's much harder going from none to one because you have no idea what you're doing. By the third one, you're a seasoned veteran. :) Take care of yourself!