Monday, July 28, 2008

We've got to Hand it to Daddy . . .


Jeremy officially gets the award for the worst timing ever. He went and decided to break his hand at the ward softball game last Monday. He broke the bone running to his middle finger and pretty much shattered the one running to his ring finger on his left hand when his glove caught on the ground as he tried to make a diving catch in center field (I'd be willing to be it wouldn't be "shattered" if he hadn't insisted on playing out the inning and making another catch with his injured hand). He had surgery on Friday and depending on how things heal this week, he might need a follow-up surgery to straighten out his finger.

At my appointment Thursday, Jacob convinced my OB to give him some gloves which came in handy (I know, I'm so punny today!) when he wanted to help fix Daddy's broken hand.

3 comments:

rachel said...

Ummm.... aren't you having a baby, like, SOON???!!??! Shame on him for letting himself get injured like that right before a baby. Shame shame shame! ;)

Anonymous said...

So, he sounds like my husband, bound and determined to finish the game, "if I can ignore the pain I am fine..." hehe. I am really excited to have Elaena go to Pre-school... our babies have grown up!! AWW!! But I am gald it is only 2 days a week, any more and I don't know if I could handle it. She has been telling me all year to drop her off at school and she has a teacher.Every day she gets a piece of paper and a pen and says she is doing her "homework". It is soo funny! If you need anything let me know, I know I am an hour away but do let me know if I could help!!

Margaret said...

Oh goodness! That was not the plan.

No more trauma for you guys ok?!