Thursday, July 17, 2008

What's that?


Do you know what this is?

We recently bought a play kitchen off Craigslist that has quickly become the new favorite toy (at least for this month). One day I asked Jake to hand me a donut and he said, "What's that?" I thought he was joking but it turns out that he really didn't know what a donut was!

Jeremy was proud that his kids didn't know what junk food was but I felt sorry for my poor deprived children and took them to the store to pick out their very own donut.


Julie doesn't know what to think, but she's excited she doesn't have to share.

Jake's first bite . . .

After a few more bites Jake declares donuts "yucky."

Julie opts for string cheese instead. I guess maybe Daddy's do know best after all?

8 comments:

emilypr said...

What a great post. What great parents you are. We, on the other hand, have a daughter, NOT EVEN TWO, that can both say and recognize "Dunkin Donuts" by the storefront design.

Margaret said...

HILARIOUS! I was totally laughing at this! If everyone felt this way, we wouldn't be such an obese nation. Yes I blame it on the donuts. Doesn't mean i will deny myself one though.☺

LaDawn said...

wow i sure wish my kids would have never learned to love donuts.

funny word verification today (incakmx) how fitting is that. Way to go mom and dad for teaching healthy eatting habbits.

jamieschip said...

WOW! My kids would have scarfed those things down! :) Good for you guys.

Kris, as Cheri, Ryan, Jake and I were looking through Ricks pictures Jake saw one of you sitting on this guy's lap and he asked who it was. Ryan said Ben Beesley. Jake started cracking up. I guess he is going to Harvard law school and is clerking for the summer at Jake's firm. His office is right across from Jake's. Small world, huh?! Jake was wondering how you guys met? Is he from Oregon? Jake's going to bring the picture in on Monday and show Ben. How funny!

I wish you could have been there last night with us. I'm sure you would have jumped right in there with stories of the "forbidden dance", no-shaving contest, and other weird things we were involved in. :)

rachel said...

OH how funny!!

When we're at WinCo, I have to steer clear of the bakery section because my kids will BEG BEG BEG me to get them a donut. Ugh. I must admit, I give in on occasion.

Hope you're feeling well!

Familia Forsloff said...

Awesome! Not donut fans...they must take after ol' Jeremy. Next thing you know they will be carrying around a bag of dried apricots;)

Ali Howell said...

LOVE IT!!! Jared will sometimes take the kids out for a special daddy-kid donut breakfast...they think it is really fun to get up with daddy early and go out to the store...although donuts are a waste of money at our house too...they lick the frosting off and leave the donut. But hey, every kid needs to at least know what a donut is...right?! good work!

Unknown said...

that is so cute! It made me laugh out loud....Sandi