Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Feast Day

It's hard for me to remember how a few months ago I was feeling like I was depriving Jacob and wishing that he could go to preschool. This thought keeps popping into my head on preschool days. Although it's not the circumstances I would have ever wished or dreamed for, I am grateful that Jacob is able to attend preschool. Today Kathy and I (and a few other Moms) got to stay and help their class with their feast. It was fun to catch a peak into their daily activities and routine.

It's also a nice reminder that Jacob isn't the only one that has his moments because they all do. I think as parents we tend to minimize other children's misbehavior while magnifying our own kids' problems. Overall their whole class did great and the minor hiccups here or there are just part of the age group. It does make me appreciate the patience of a preschool teacher though!

Everyone patiently waiting for the feast to begin.

Jacob's 3 yr old class shared their feast with the 4 yr old class so he was pretty excited that he got to see his fellow sunbeam Lindsay.


Me and my little man after the feast, taken by Kathy. I almost posted a cute picture of Kathy's family but then I realized I should probably ask her permission first so there might be an edit in here later.

It was Jacob's turn to be the helper today. He got to ring the bell for clean up, be first in line, and help Mrs. Bruce lead the good-bye song.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Yay. We love feast day! Ours is tomorrow!

Jake is adorable.

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

Jacob looks like such a good helper! How fun for you to go help with the kids! I'm glad he is enjoying preschool!

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

What is your beautiful Angel Baby's story? I saw his picture on the Angels Among us blog...I'm an angel mom...my daughter, Trinity died last year (Sept. 16, 2007 at 5 years old) from Hypo-Plastic Left Heart syndrome. It was her 4th open heart surgery. My direct e-mail is adamsfamily97@yahoo.com I noticed his "Zipper" scar on his chest...I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Melinda Adams
(Trinity's mommy)
www.trinadams.com
(my daughter's story)

Anonymous said...

Kristine- You are such a wonderful mother- I am so glad that we have become friends!!! Watching the kids at the feast today was so funny!! They are so cute and innocent. Kathy

Pink Posts said...

There's that radiating smile of yours that I always love seeing!!!

Lynners said...

So fun! Thank heaven for preschool!