Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


Every Thanksgiving my family observes the tradition of going around the dinner table and having each person say something they are thankful for this year. Since I am spending Thanksgiving with my in-laws this year, I wanted to share my 'turn' here.

The thing I am most thankful for this year is the temple, specifically the sealing power used only in the temple to bind families together for time and all eternity. Knowing that we are sealed to our precious Caleb and that we will see him again someday is the only thing keeping me going most days.

I am also eternally grateful for Jesus Christ, His restored gospel, and the atonement He made in behalf of all of us to make it possible for us to be clean and pure so that we can be together again in the hereafter. Knowing that He has a divine plan for each and every one of us, and that He is there to help us every step of the way is so reassuring. I am grateful for the example He set for us all, and for all the people who have chosen to follow it and helped carry our family this year.

I am grateful for my children's cheery outlook on life, their smiles, and their loves. I am grateful for their father and the strength and tenderness I have seen in him. And I am grateful for my testimony of the restored gospel, without it I don't know how I would make it through the day.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too and your family of five!☺

Robert and Tannya said...

I love your sweet posts. Happy Thanksgiving way up North. Look for Forks while your up there :)

rachel said...

What a beautiful testimony.

Jennie said...

There is a song by Hilary Weeks I think you would like. She wrote it from a poem she recieved from a family that had lost their daughter. It is a great song. I will email you the poem and the lyrics to the song. Thanks for sharing your strong testimony.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

We are going private in a week. Send me your email address in a comment on our blog, so that I can send you a link to view our blog! Thanks.

Jenn

Pink Posts said...

Thank you for sharing that! We read Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin's talk last night, not realizing he passed away shortly after that, "Come What May and Love It" ...I thought of you, and also the talk right before that by President Uchtdorf on hope. There is comfort there for all of us. It was one of the best General Conferences ever. Be sure and read all of the talks in the Nov. 2008 Ensign. It will continue to strengthen and comfort you. Hugs!

Bridget said...

I just replied to your comment on the Angel blog and then realized that you probably won't go back there and that I should've posted it here. Anyway, we share some friends. Craig Sasser and I are 3rd cousins and I work with Jana Metcalf Hansen.

What's a little crazy for me is to think about what I was doing while you were holding your baby for the last time and what others were doing while we were taking our son to the ER. There are so many people grieving and most of us are totally unaware. Right now, somewhere, there is someone saying goodbye to a loved one. I love that "Pink Posts" was reading Elder Wirthlin's talk last night. So fitting.

Lynners said...

I don't know how people cope with loosing a child without knowing about eternal families! I'm so glad that you all are sealed and living so that you'll be together again.

Your attitude is so inspirational to me. Your story makes me so grateful for all the moments I had/have with my babies.

BTW the Portland temple is gorgeous! I'm assuming that's where you were married.