Monday, December 15, 2008

White Stuff, Red Suit

This morning I woke up to all this strange white stuff covering the ground. It usually only happens about once a year here, but now I have a legitimate reason to hope for a "white Christmas" this year. (hey, it's bound to happen eventually if I live here long enough, right?)

We definitely need to visit our Utah relatives during the winter sometimes soon because Jacob didn't last more than five minutes outside today!


Yes, this is the same jacket Julie wore last year when it snowed, but we did upgrade her from socks to mittens this time.


After he handed her a candy cane, Julie told Santa she wanted candy for Christmas. So I'm offically off the hook, right? Isn't it funny that we spend most of our time telling our kids to be careful around strangers, and then we shove them in Santa's lap? But I guess technically Santa ins't a stranger, especially this year.

Santa's helper (who might look very familiar to Peggy) told me that Jacob visited Santa a good three or four times. At least he stood in line each time instead of last year's cutting to the front of the line incident!

8 comments:

rachel said...

Oh, I love Traci!! How do you know her and her mom? Traci's baby shower is this Wednesday (weather permitting, of course) and I'll get to meet Peggy there.

Your kids are darling. Hope you enjoyed the snow.

I loved your Christmas card... we'll be responding with services to fill Caleb's stocking soon. What a great idea.

Margaret said...

Hey friend! The weather was fun today wasn't it?! I hope it clears up by party time.

Love you!

Lynners said...

Yeah for snow! It's officially Christmastime in your neighborhood. Good on ya for teaching your kids to love it!

LaDawn said...

It is so fun when the kids actually like to sit on Santa's lap. I agree why is it ok to have the kids go to santa but not strangers. And visiting Utah relatives would be a great idea. My kids marvel at the snow no matter what time of year it is. Ian loves it so much he never wanted to come in even when he was so frozen he couldn't move or feel limbs any more. I dreaming of a White Christmas....... I really miss white christmases it has been a long time for me. I hope you have a great one this year and We to will be responding to Caleb's stocking soon.

Familia Forsloff said...

Julie looks absolutely adorable in that little winter coat! What a cute family!!! Snow days are the BEST as a little kid!

jamieschip said...

Glad we could send some of our snow-love over there. Your kids are adorable and getting so big! Hope you guys are having a great Christmas season.

PeasleeHut said...

Hey, Santa just happened to be my nephew and his wife. If you want my autograph we can cut a deal...

Pink Posts said...

hahaha! I was just reading along and I looked at Santa's helper and thought, "gosh, that looks like my cousin Tonya!" Then I see my name, and I thought, well, I'm sure that's not me...and THEN I remembered Traci had already TOLD me about being Santa's helper and your kids sitting on his lap and all that...LOLx2!! I'm seriously losing it! What a Santa! I heard about his comical moments of getting dressed. =)