Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference Weekend


Around here we FLIP over conference weekend!!! :) My kids were SO excited about General Conference they couldn't contain themselves!



Ok, you caught me. Staying quiet and still for eight hours of conference is something my kids still need help with, and that's why my TV room ended up looking like the picture above - on purpose!



Sunday morning my kids and I had a quick chat about King Benjamin and how all of his people built tents and faced them toward the prophet so they could hear his voice. Then came the fun part: we built our own tent "facing the prophet" (also known as the TV on any other day).


I think we might be tent builders every time conference rolls around. The kids had a blast playing Conference Bingo inside it and Grandma Terri and I hung out in there almost as much as the kids!

9 comments:

LaDawn said...

what an amazing and fun mom you are. my kids didn't get to have any fun at all.

emilypr said...

Fun idea! I bet my kids would rewatch conference if I did that with them. Your family is as cute as ever.

Jenna said...

You've given Daniel ideas! Luckily, he has to wait at least 6 months to try it... and Lily not being big enough to care isn't going to stop him I don't think... Daniel says to say "hi" to Julie ;)

Margaret said...

Way to go momma!

DK Johnston said...

what a cute idea!

Jackie said...

Kristine, you are truly an amazing woman and mother!! It looks like you had a great conference weekend!! We are always thinking of you!

Lynners said...

You are absolutely BRILLIANT! I'm hoping you don't mind, but I will totally be stealing this idea next time. I bet your kids loved this.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I love how you were able to get the kids excited for conference! You have wonderful ideas. Good for you!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I can't believe I never saw this before!